Tuesday, January 26, 2010

I don't want to be a neanderthal

This is the first time I have blogged. I was surprised that I actually didn't have to get someone to help me through this. The directions were fairly easy with a few exceptions. There is hope for the neanderthal of computers. I think I use my computer more than I realize. My hope is that I will learn from all of the technology savvy people we have in the buildings. I recently was introduced to moodle by Goodie . . . I am going to talk with him some more about how I can use it to enhance/encourage learning. During our inservice Kelli M. stopped by and showed me how I can use epals with my geography students. I want my students to connect with students from other countries. My focus will be China/India. I am also interested in using WIKI's in my classes (much like Sharlene P). I wish I had a whole day where I can have someone teach me how to use the various technologies. Maybe I should look for a class that will help me instead of taking time away from staff members. Do classes actually exist that will help me. I want to evolve. 

No comments: